Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg was founded in 1747 by Elector Max III Joseph. The Bavarian Electorate used the manufactory as a prestige item, since porcelain was a valuable luxury item and the ability to produce it was equally important. The porcelain produced by the manufactory is stamped with the shield of diamonds, and may also have a maker’s mark. The manufactory was known for producing high quality porcelain that was exported throughout Europe. Now located on the grounds of Nymphenburg Palace, the manufactory was leased to the Bäuml family from 1888 until 1975. The family revived the 18th-century tradition of Nymphenburg porcelain and produced services in classical shapes, allowing the... more.