Generate a Robot Rothko multiform. You can try this method out right here in your browser!
- access_token (required) — A valid OAuth2 access token
- format — The format in which to return the data. Supported formats are json, jsonp, dson. The default format is json.
- person_id — A valid Cooper Hewitt person ID.
- color — A valid hexidecimal color (note you can also specify 'colour' if that's what your country does)
- decade — A valid decade (for example not greater than right now)
- acquired — A valid acquistion year (for example not greater than right now)
- As of this writing only one a single filter (described in the parameters list below) will be honored. That is: You can not request data for a specific person ID and a decade.
curl -X GET 'https://api.collection.cooperhewitt.org/rest/?method=cooperhewitt.play.robotRothko&access_token=<TOKEN>&person_id=<PERSON_ID> &color=<COLOR> &decade=<DECADE> &acquired=<ACQUIRED>'
This API method uses OAuth2 and allows you to pass parameters as part of the URL (or as
GET requests). One of those parameters is your access token which is extra special and has super-powers. Requests to and from the API are done over an encrypted channel so no one can see what's going on BUT that also means there are a couple things you need to be conscious of:
- That the request URL always starts with
https://and not just
http://— that little s is what tells your browser to use an encrypted connection.
- If you are copy-paste-ing those URLs in to an email or some other place where someone else might be able to read them you should make sure to remove the access token — remember the access token is what links your account to Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collections on behalf of an application and has super-powers.