Chapbook, The Chapbook, a Monthly Miscellany
In 1912, the poet Harold Monro opened the Poetry Bookshop, which became an important gathering place for writers, critics, and admirers of poetry and literature in London. Monro commissioned Kauffer for the cover of his monthly Chapbook, which featured essays, stories, plays, poetry, and criticism. Kauffer also designed a colorful shop sign that made headlines when it hung outside the Poetry Bookshop’s new location in 1926.
It is credited
Private Collection, London.
Its dimensions are
H x W: 22.5 × 17.5 cm (8 7/8 × 6 7/8 in.)
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition Underground Modernist: E. McKnight Kauffer.