Stow-Davis Furniture Company
Stow & Davis (sometimes stylized as Stow-Davis) is a Grand Rapids and Kentwood, MI-based furniture company. It was founded in 1885 when George A. Davis purchased Thomas Haight’s interest in Stow & Haight, changing the furniture concern’s name to Stow & Davis. The firm primarily produced kitchen, dining, and office extension tables. In 1928, the firm acquired Grand Rapids Desk Company, and the same year produced the first wood-and-steel framework desk in the wood furniture industry. In the ‘30s the company underwent a series of reorganizations that pivoted the its activities towards interior decorating services as well as furniture manufacturing, although it still produced primarily reproduction styles.... more.