Ceramicist and designer. Began working in his father's ceramic shop, and in 1923 opened his own shop (taking direction of it in 1931). The shop offered ceramics and glasswares. Designed procelaina nd glass for oceanliner Normandie, glass for Cristal de St-Louis, and flatware for Sola France. In 1937 became a member of UAM (Union des Artistes Modernes). Taught at the École des Arts Appliqué, Paris, and was a technical advisor for Sèvres.