Charles Victor Gibert
The maker of the service, Charles Victor Gibert, first registered in Paris on May 24th, 1887 at 133 rue du Temple. He later moved to 4 rue Beranger. He either worked for or was bought out by Tetard Freres, a well-known silversmithing firm listed at this same address. Not much is currently know about Givert; it is possible that he continued working for Tetard Freres, but without being allowed to mark his own pieces (using the Tetard mark).