Charlton & Company
John W. Charlton opened a New York store at 298 5th Avenue in 1909 offering fine jewelry. The name was changed to Charlton & Co. and moved to 634 5th Avenue when Robert S. Chapin became partner. Grant A. Peacock bought the firm in 1943 and renamed it after himself. His granddaughter Kathleen Peacock runs the firm today at 450 Park Avenue.