Drawing, "Theater Design: A Town Square", ca. 1719 Pen and brown ink, brush and gray wash, blue, pale rose watercolor on white laid paper, laid down. Museum purchase through gift of various donors and from Eleanor G. Hewitt Fund. 1938-88-50.
What is this?
Courtyard surrounded by arcade in the background to the left building with dome and small towers either side, having appearance of a church but there are no ecclesiastical motifs.