Headboard, ca. 1885
This object is not part of the Cooper Hewitt's permanent collection. It was able to spend time at the museum on loan from Bryn Mawr College as part of Passion for the Exotic: Lockwood de Forest, Frederic Church.
This headboard may be from a large supply of de Forest furniture commissioned in the mid-1880s by Mary Garrett, one of de Forest’s first major clients. It probably came to Bryn Mawr College when Garrett moved there in 1904, where she was instrumental in the choice of de Forest for some of the college’s interior design.
It is credited
Lent by Bryn Mawr College.
Our curators have highlighted 3 objects that are related to this one.
Its dimensions are
Frame H x W x D: 160 x 111.1 x 7.6 cm (5 ft. 3 in. x 43 3/4 in. x 3 in.)
This object was previously on display as a part of the exhibition Passion for the Exotic: Lockwood de Forest, Frederic Church.